Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Does Trump act like a child or is he childlike?...

there's a difference.

The fake journalist who wrote a fake Trump book pushed the point that just about everyone who knew Trump called him "childlike."

I don't remember hearing that he acted like a child.

When we think of someone acting like a child our immediate vision is usually of a kid having a tantrum, being demanding, or exhibiting all manner of recalcitrant behavior.

From the day that Trump rode down that escalator to announce his run for president, the first thing I noticed was his enthusiasm. 

And over the year of following him and carefully studying his behavior, I was constantly impressed with his approach to people and events.

Trump was genuinely nice to people.  He loved hearing their stories. He complimented them, thanked them, and was just generally enthusiastic. If he toured a factor full of heavy equipment he oohed and aahed over the earth moving machines.  A word I heard over and over was "Wow."

Today, as our society becomes more nihilistic and cynical, Trump was refreshing.  If during that year I was feeling anxious or depressed, a Trump rally always perked me up and made me want to be more like him.

Trump displays many characteristics of childlike enthusiasm.  Unlike most of us he has not had that quality beat out of him by someone telling him to "grow up."

If not getting excited at the first snow of the year, a seed sprouting through the soil, or a beautiful sunrise or sunset is what it takes to be an adult, I'll opt for childlike.

I'll opt for asking why not instead of why.
“Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with all your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality. Be active, be energetic, be enthusiastic and faithful, and you will accomplish your object. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
Now go out and have an enthusiastic MAGA day.


More:








If you make a purchase at Amazon through my links, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you - and I thank you. 


No comments: